On December 17, BLU Products introduced the Studio 7.0 smartphone. The device has an astonishing 7-inch screen, but the company has put it into a form factor that it allows it to be easily held with one hand for phone calls or to be easily put into pants pockets.
CEO Samuel Ohev-Zion believes the screen size was necessary because the demand for phablets, smartphones with 5.5- to 6.0-inch displays, is steadily declining. “What the consumer wants today is a single device that brings value with an awesome display size and convenience,” he adds.
The Studio 7.0 can be found at Amazon for $149.99 unlocked, which is mostly unheard of, even for Nexus devices. It will work with any GSM network, including AT&T, T-Mobile, and Metro PCS.
Here are some specs:
- Network: (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, (4G HSPA+ 21Mbps) 850/1900 or 850/2100
- Display: 7.0-inch 600 x1024 HD with Capacitive Touchscreen
- Processor: 1.3 GHz Dual-Core with Mali 400 graphics GPU
- OS: Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat
- Camera: Rear – 5.0 megapixel, autofocus with LED Flash, HD [email protected] video recording Front – 2.0 megapixel
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v3.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory + microSD slot expandable up to 64GB
- Dimensions: 187.5 x 103 x 9.4mm
- Battery: Li-Ion 3000mAh
- Colors: White, Grey, Blue, and Gold
Source: PR Newswire
[sidebar float=”left” slug=”featured-content”]