Starting April 1 AT&T is releasing a new rugged Wi-Fi hotspot, perfect for adventurers outside of cell tower range. The device, called Unite Explore starts at $49.99 with a two-year agreement. The Unite Explore is dust-proof, as well as water and shock-resistant.
Unite Explore Features
- Rugged design – dust-proof, water resistant, shock resistant (IP65 rating, certified to meet MIL-STD-810G standard)
- Guest Wi-Fi with optional timer
- Content filtering
- Up to 22 hours of battery life on a single charge, with BatteryBoost to keep your smartphone charged
- Dual-Band 802.11 ac/b/g/n Wi-Fi technology
- LTE Advanced and globally compatible with 4G LTE
- Built-in touchscreen to check data usage, battery life and network status
- Connect up to 15 Wi-Fi devices (hotspot password required)
Starting this Friday, be sure to visit the AT&T website before heading out on your backpack trip up the mountains.