Amazon.com was ranked as the number one most reputable company in the US last March. Companies such as Samsung, Rolex, Netflix and the Walt Disney Company all ranked behind Amazon in areas like products and services, innovation, workplace, governance, citizenship, leadership and performance.
Amazon.com has been one of my favorite companies to do business, because it puts the customers first. Prices are great, and shipping speeds continue to get faster with each passing year. Being a resident of San Diego, I frequently get free one-day or even same-day shipping included with my Amazon.com Prime account.
To say “Thank You” to its customers, Amazon.com is running a one-day only promotion on its most popular smart speakers – the Amazon Echo and Amazon Tap. Both speakers, one wired and one wireless, can do a wide variety of things like control your smart home, play music and podcasts, or even tell you a joke. Both are compatible with Android and iOS devices through their respective apps.
These speakers rarely go on sale, and the year-old Echo frequently gets back-ordered due to the extremely high demand.
Check them out below. You can also read my full review of the Amazon Tap here.
Amazon Echo – On sale for $153.71 with free shipping included (LINK)
- Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, Nest, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills–over 100 added since launch, including Domino’s and Uber
Amazon Tap – on sale for $111.01 with free shipping included (LINK)
- Just tap the microphone button and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle