The music streaming business is big. Google, Apple and Amazon are fighting are battling for the music space with the likes of Spotify, Pandora, and Tidal, just to name a few. Amazon has squeezed its way into the music streaming business by offering over 1 million free songs with a subscription of Amazon Prime. They’ve also added other free features like free cloud storage, and free movies and tv shows with a Prime membership as well.
Considering I just bought into HiFi audio streaming with Tidal at $20 per month, and also subscribe to other services such as Netflix (four displays) at $11.99, Google Play Music at $9.99(no ads on YouTube as well), Hulu at $7.99 and pay for Uverse cable TV(too much), I really started to wonder why I haven’t bought into Amazon’s free Prime Music with my Prime Subscription at$99 per year. I use Amazon Prime Now which offers free same-day shipping within two hours of ordering, I occasionally watch free movies on Amazon so why not Music which is free with my Prime subscription?
Let’s go over what I have been missing.
Amazon.com Prime Music Collection
“With Prime Music, you can listen ad-free to over a million songs from top artists like Taylor Swift, Daft Punk, Kanye West, Bruno Mars, Blake Shelton, Katy Perry, The Rolling Stones, Lady Antebellum, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna.”
And just like with Amazon Prime’s video service, they frequently add more music every month. Another nice feature is you can upload your own collection of music that can be streamed to any device with the compatible Amazon Prime Music app on iOS, Android or Fire devices. It can also be streamed to computers running Windows or OSX. Amazon’s Music service is full-featured just like the other music apps.
Ad-free with unlimited skips
Start a station and enjoy uninterrupted music
Enjoy one great song after another in Prime Stations. The music keeps playing until you stop it, and won’t be interrupted by ads.
Not in the mood for a song? Simply skip it and move on to the next song. Enjoy unlimited skips to continue playing your favorite songs.
Personalized for You
The more you listen, the more personalized your stations get. Simply tap a thumbs up to hear more songs like the one playing, or thumbs down if you don’t like it. Prime Stations will learn from your feedback to create the perfect soundtrack for you.
Songs with lyrics feature a Lyrics label next to the song title, and an X-ray or Lyrics panel on the “Now Playing” screen.
Lyrics for the currently playing song display line-by-line, in time with playback, within the lyrics panel. Tap or drag this panel to expand to a full screen view, or to hide the lyrics. To view lyrics on Amazon Music for PC or Mac, click the album icon or the lyrics badge next to the playback controls while a song is playing to bring up the “Now Playing” screen.
If you’re like me and like to sing along, but frequently have a hard time understanding lyrics, Amazon’s lyrics feature offers a built-in way to read the lyrics along with the music playback.
No additional cost
With Prime Music, there is no cost. You can listen to the entire Prime Music for free – it’s included with your Amazon Prime membership.
No Internet connection? No problem
Download songs from the Prime Music catalog to your mobile devices for offline playback on a plane, train or anywhere without an Internet connection.
Why you should give Amazon Prime Music a try
Amazon Prime Music offers the biggest names in the industry with a Prime account. I will admit I do not listen to the latest music, and I realize that is one of the biggest draws to services like Google Play Music, but that costs me $120 per year at $9.99 per month. Prime Music doesn’t necessarily offer the latest hits for free, but by saving $10 a month by not paying for Google Play Music, and possibly saving $12 a month for Netflix, you could theoretically buy the latest music you want for 99 cents per song. The cost of a Netflix and Google Play Music subscription costs $264 per year, so you could be buying your music from Amazon while listening to other hits for free with their catalog of over 1 million free songs.
In addition to free music, you get these other benefits just for $99 per year:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits. For more information, go to Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits.
- FREE Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes. For more information, go to Order with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery.
- Prime Instant Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Instant Video.
- Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive. For more information, go to About Prime Photos.
- Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship to addresses in the contiguous U.S. low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box. Prime Pantry orders cannot be shipped to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- Amazon Elements: Access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon’s own line of everyday essentials.
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and new events on MyHabit.com. For more information, go to About Prime Early Access.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library: access to members in the U.S. For more information, go toKindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Kindle First: Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks. For more information, go to Kindle First.
- Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Mom: These include 20% off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry. For more information go to Get 20% off Diaper Subscriptions or About the Completion Discount.
- Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits. For more information, go to About Amazon Households.
So if you already pay for a music subscription service or pay for a monthly video streaming service, you should really give Amazon Prime Music a try. It’s free for 30 days for new customers and free for current Prime subscribers. It’s definitely worth giving a shot for 30 days.
You can also win $25,000 just by listening to Prime Music now through tomorrow.
Check out Amazon Prime Music here.
Google Play Store link for Android.
Apple App Store link for iOS devices.