AT&T has a new phone for consumers who need something that can withstand more abuse than your typical user. Think outdoorsy types, construction workers, firefighters and police; the Kyocera DURAFORCE PRO can be preordered on August 31st and is an ultra rugged smartphone that can take a beating.
The DURAFORCE PRO comes with an IP68 rating meaning it can withstand water up to 6.5 feet deep for 30 minutes and is also 100% dustproof. It comes with a dedicated side button for Enhanced-Push-To-Talk which allows for walkie talkie like functionality.
- Interoperate with land mobile radio (LMR) networks
- Integrate communications with mobile resource applications such as AT&T Fleet Complete
- View GPS-enabled users, and conduct group (or individual) calls through PC desktop, using Integrated Dispatch
- Combine productivity apps and PTT functionality on one device
- Improve operational efficiency—saving time and money
The smartphone comes with a 5″ HD display, Snapdragon 617 processor, 32GB internal storage, 3240mAh battery with 20 hour talk time rating, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, and a super wide action camera too. With the Underwater Mode you can take photos and record video while the phone is completely submerged in up to 6.5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes.
Starting Wednesday, August 31 you can order the DuraForce PRO smartphone at AT&T stores and www.att.com for $13.97 per month for 30 months on AT&T Next or $17.46 per month for 24 months on AT&T Next Every Year when you have eligible service. It will be available for purchase in stores starting on Friday, September 9.