Recently, BMW Group announced the first BMW Apps for Android devices. People who drive the new 2016 BMW 7 Series will be able to access these apps through their iDrive controller and screen while driving.
BMW Apps originally launched in 2011 for iOS apps, and 5 years later it’s finally available for Android.
“BMW Apps are designed with convenience and safety in mind: drivers can effortlessly stream their favorite audio, change stations, curate their favorites, and switch between apps.”
In order to use these apps, you’ll have to be running Android 4.2 or later, and download the BMW Connected app from Google Play. Connect your phone over Bluetooth in the new BMW 7 Series. Support for other vehicles “will follow at a later date.”
- Thousands of iHeartRadio’s Live Radio stations from across the country as well as a catalog of more than 20 million songs and 800,000 artists to create personalized Custom Stations.
- A personalized “For You” feature with tailored recommendations based on users’ specific music preferences and listening history.
- Seamless access to saved Favorites, with the ability to easily add or remove stations at any time and ability to browse recently listened to stations.
- The ability to Thumbs up/Thumbs down songs to create a more personalized experience.
- Enhanced music discovery with Live Radio station scan and search feature for thousands of podcasts offering on-demand news, celebrity and entertainment talk show content.
- Access their own music and playlists or use features like Radio and Browse to find the perfect music for every mood and moment.
- Enjoy an intuitive viewing experience on the car’s high-resolution Control Display.
Premium subscribers can enjoy extra high-quality on-demand music (320 kbps) – taking full advantage of the on the car’s audio system – as well as ad-free and offline listening.
- Access existing or create new stations using the iDrive Controller/MINI Controller.
- Thumbs-up, thumbs-down, or bookmark songs to personalize the driver’s Pandora stations from the road.
- Comfortable, simply, safely and intuitively use of Pandora to minimize driver distraction.