There are many cloud storage services you can choose from these day on Android, Google Drive, Dropbox, MEGA, Box, OneDrive, etc. Every one of those services has its positive and negative sides of course and the competition is fierce. Well, Box is trying to fix some of its negatives in their new major update for Android.
Box always had one advantage over its competitors and that is its availability on numerous different platforms. Well, that is not the case any longer, at least not the way it used to be. These days the biggest cloud services are available on all 3 major mobile platforms. That didn’t stop Box from going forward though, they constantly keep upping their game on every front.
Box for Android reached 3.0 version and with the update came new features. Not only did Box continue its partnership with LG by offering its users (those which “G series” smartphones, you can check the details here) 50GB of storage, but they worked on the design of the app and added a previewer that supports more than 100 file types which you can open. You get grid views, page thumbnails and the option to search text within the documents themselves directly from the app. Along with all this they added a new gallery tool so you can easily preview images stored on Box, a tool that was much needed.
- Lightning fast document previewer with pagination, search-in-document, presentation mode, and more
- Improved gallery for viewing images
- New native OneCloud app gallery
- Overhauled menus in the action bar
- Additional sliding menu on individual file and folder rows
- Improved side navigation pane
- Information headers inside folders
- New user tour and tutorial
- Polish and Turkish localization updates
- New secure authentication process (will require a new login)
I personally use Box as one solution for my cloud needs, do you use it? What is your cloud storage preference?