It has been a long time coming for OnePlus One owners, but starting today, Android 5.1.1 will be available via OTAs. It was officially announced today that the Cyanogen OS 12.1 update will bring many needed patches and fixes from Android along with many new features. The new additions can be seen below.
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
- Cyanogen Browser: The new Cyanogen browser delivers search results and loads web sites faster and more securely than leading browsers.
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
- Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
- More Playback support: We’ve substantially increased our support of codecs for video and audio playback.
This is very welcoming to hear for OnePlus One owners, as a time frame for the update was very vague. Not only that, but the Android 5.1.1 update for OxygenOS on the One hasn’t even been announced yet. All we know as of now, is that it will come some time after the release of the OnePlus 2. In case you somehow missed it, or were living under a rock, the OnePlus 2 has already been released. So, in theory it should just be on the horizon.
Cyanogen has also announced that the update will be hitting the Andromax Q, Yureka, Yureka Plus, and Yuphoria as soon as they get certified. If you would like to read more about the lastest update, be sure to visit the official Cyanogen page.