The CynaogenMod team appears to be working on a Chromium-based browser named Gello, built with customization in mind. This information comes to us from team member Joey Rizzoli’s Google+ post via Android Police.
Within Rizzoli’s post is a 14-second trailer demonstrating the current build of Gello. While these features necessarily won’t make it to the final release, the video shows us those such as:
- a “save for offline” reading mode
- a customized interface, which includes tab animations and management
- Night mode and immersive modes
- Site-by-site privacy and security settings, including an integrated ad blocker possibly
- Download settings that allow the user to rename files and choose file paths