Facebook this week announced it will bring its Trending feature to Android and iOS apps. In other words, it will be easier for mobile users to explore stories from a variety of sources. Check the Trending tab and you’ll find conversations organized in five different manners.
- Articles shows you how news organizations are covering the story.
- In the Story shows you posts from people who are part of the story.
- Friends and Groups shows you what people in your network are saying.
- Near the Scene shows you posts from people near where the story is unfolding.
- Live Feed shows you a real-time stream of reactions from people around the world.
Facebook will continue to score and deliver posts based on engagement, activity, and timeliness. Reportedly, the Android mobile apps are seeing Trending immediately with the iOS version following later.