Facebook recently updated its Messenger application for Android devices with the same feature set and UI dished to the iPhone earlier in the week. Details include the ability to send videos from the camera roll as well as instant video playback in conversation threads. Additionally, the new 5.0 release of the app makes it easier for sending photos directly from a conversation, shortcuts to stickers, better search, and general performance tweaks. Facebook is expected to soon remove messaging function from the standard Facebook mobile apps in favor of the Facebook Messenger application.
- More ways to message: Now it’s easier to send photos, voice messages and more
- Video: Send videos from your gallery and play them right in the app. (Works on Android 4.3 and up. We’ll continue to improve video and bring it to more phones.)
- Instant photo sharing: Take a photo and send it in just one tap.
- Stickers shortcuts: When someone sends you a sticker, press and hold down on it to get the pack.
- Faster search: Just enter the names of people and groups
[pb-app-box pname=’com.facebook.orca’ name=’Facebook Messenger’ theme=’dark’ lang=’en’]
Note: Select outbound links may include affiliate tracking codes and AndroidGuys may receive compensation for purchases. Read our policy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Comments are closed.