Present at MWC this year, Fitbit announced today a new version of its Ionic smartwatch which was created in partnership with Adidas.
The new Fitbit Ionic Adidas Edition comes pre-installed with the Adidas Train app that offers a unique coaching experience via six on-screen workouts.
The Adidas app includes step-by-step instructions in order to ensure users are performing the exercises correctly.
The six workouts include:
- Dynamic Warm Up – gets owners ready for the workout session by raising their overall core temperature (5 minutes)
- Power Pace – a training that helps users become more elastic and efficient (10 minutes)
- Metabolic – a workout designed to speed and boost the metabolism, perfect for those who are trying to lose weight (15 minutes)
- Run Activation – improves hip, core and shoulder stability (5 minutes)
- Strong Strides – builds running endurance (10 min)
- Post Run Stretch – helps users end your daily workout with a cool-down stretch (5 min)
We should also note that the standard Fitbit Ionic already comes with three workout routines.
In addition to the Adidas-curated workout modes, the new Ionic smartwatch takes advantage of a two-toned breathable swim-ready sports band. The band offers a combination of Ink Blue and Ice Gray, while the watch case is Silver. The good news is that older accessories are also compatible with the new Adidas Edition smartwatch.
What’s more, Fitbit bundled the watch with an exclusive clock face in four colors, but the company hasn’t offered the exact details.
Other than that, the Adidas Edition does not differ from the standard edition. The watch still comes boasting a tri-wavelength heart sensor, GPS, NFC and four+ days of battery life. On top of that, the product is water resistant up to 50 meters and includes a full-color display.
The Fitbit Ionic Adidas Edition will go up for pre-order on March 19 via Fitbit’s official layer for $329.95. Customers will also be able to purchase the wearable through retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Macy’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s and Nordstrom.