The memory leak bug is considered Lollipop’s biggest bug yet, and one of Android’s most annoying bugs in general, and while Google has yet to push out an update to fix it, XDA Developer Arter has posted a solution to fix this issue only if your phone is rooted. It’s as simple as replacing the boot animation. Here are the steps:
1. Download this replacement bootanimation2.zip file
2. In the zip, there are two folders: CM and ASOP. Open one or the other depending if you’re running stock or CM
3. Choose 32-bit or 64-bit depending on what device you have. Chances are you’ll be choosing 32-bit
4. Replace the bootanimation file in /system/zip/ with the new file. (You’ll need a file browser with root permission capabilities)
5. The ower of the file is Root:Root
6. Permissions are 755 when asked
Unfortunately, if you are using a ROM other than stock or CM, this will not work for you. Hopefully Google will push an update to officially fix the memory leak soon.