Google has just announced a new feature for Hangouts that allows meeting organizers to invite any user, including those without a Google account. This new feature is especially useful for businesses who hold meetings over video chats using Hangouts. With this added ability, it should eliminate the need for special meeting accounts like Gotomeeting, and is especially great for small businesses who have to stick to budgets because Google for Work is only five dollars per month.
– Simpler: Joining a video call now is as simple as one click
– Easier: No filling in forms, no creating accounts, just easy access to
– Secure: Presenters maintain full control over adding, muting and
Instructions for inviting users without a Google account:
1. Invite your external guests with Google Calendar
2. They click a link in the event description and fill in their name
3. In order to help give you control and security over your meetings,
you’ll get a prompt to accept / deny their entry whether you’re using web,
mobile or Chromebox for meetings.
Check out the new features at Google Hangouts.
Source – Google for Work blog