With Lollipop fever in full-swing, Google is tossing out treats left and right. Late last night, the factory image for the Nexus 7 became available, the official roll-out for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 has begun today, and apps such as the Google Keyboard have been updated.. With the official roll-out of the newest Android OS, all of Google’s apps are in the process of being updated. While some are being updated, some are just new in general. With Lollipop comes Google’s new SMS and MMS app properly named Messenger.
The new app replaces Hangouts as the default messaging app on Android 5.0 Lollipop and comes with a familiar material design. The key features can be seen below.
- Faster sharing: Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
- Easy search: Search through contacts and conversation threads to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Purposeful design: New, fluid, material design that is intuitive and delightful.
- More control: Ability to block SMS senders. No interruptions when you don’t want them!
- More features: audio messaging, emoji support, colored text threads, message archiving and more.
The app is officially compatible with devices running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and higher.
[pb-app-box pname=’com.google.android.apps.messaging’ name=’Messenger’ theme=’discover’ lang=’en’]