In lieu of Google’s preparation to launch their Glass Explorer units, the company has released the full set of specs for their first iteration. Specs include;
- Fit: Adjustable nosepads and durable frame fits any face. Extra nosepads in two sizes.
- Display: High resolution display is the equivalent of a 25 inch high definition screen from eight feet away.
- Camera: Photos – 5 MP; Videos – 720p
- Audio: Bone Conduction Transducer
- Connectivity: Wifi – 802.11b/g; Bluetooth
- Storage: 12 GB of usable memory, synced with Google cloud storage. 16 GB Flash total.
- Battery: One full day of typical use. Some features, like Hangouts and video recording, are more battery intensive.
- Charger: Included Micro USB cable and charger. While there are thousands of Micro USB chargers out there, Glass is designed and tested with the included charger in mind. Use it and preserve long and prosperous Glass use.
- Compatibility: Any Bluetooth-capable phone. The MyGlass companion app requires Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or higher. MyGlass enables GPS and SMS messaging.
Noticeably missing, of course, are things like RAM and CPU. However, remember – this is a new type of device, and, with change, we have to remember that some things that are important to us now may not be in new devices.
Be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments.