On Google’s update Wednesday, Google Calendar was what received the main upgrade, making the version number 5.1. On Google+, Gmail made the announcement, and outlined the reasons you will enjoy the new Google Calendar.
- “See more events at a glance with 7-day week view and pinch-to-zoom”
The 7-day week view is nice, as only seeing 5 days was a little odd to me, and the pinch-to-zoom feature is a great touch!
- “Add Google Drive files to events. Drive will even check if everyone can open them.”
Google Drive functionality is not something I will see myself using, but then again I don’t really use my calendar for business related things, so I’m sure it will be useful to those that do!
- “Control whether birthdays from Google+ are shown in settings. You’ll also see the same changes on the web next week.”
This functionality already exists in Google Now, but having it all in one place will certainly be helpful for remembering birthdays!
- “A new option to show week numbers in settings.”
- “Import .ics files sent to you in Gmail and other apps”
This will be very helpful for those who regularly collaborate with others who use different online calendars.
An update to an app is always appreciated, and it seems Google has packed quite a bit into the Google Calendar. If you use iOS, you’ll also be happy to know that Google says Google Calendar is coming to iOS soon.
[pb-app-box pname=’com.google.android.calendar’ name=’Google Calendar’ theme=’light’ lang=’en’]
Which better to use on Tab 4,Chrome or just plain Google
Comments are closed.