It’s been a while since us Google+ users have see a significant change to the Android app. Well, Google has just tipped the Update 7.0.0, incoming over the next couple of days. What’s great is that user feedback has been a focus in this update.
Here is the provided list of changes:
- 69 bugs fixed
- 14 accessibility issues addressed
- Automatically hide the bottom tab bar when scrolling (note: not on Notifications screen yet)
- The home stream now remembers your position when you return to it (after going to a different screen like Notifications)
- Search now displays autocomplete suggestions as you type
- If you have no Collections or Communities visible on your profile, we include a prompt for you to add one
One of the more exciting features coming is the auto-hide of the bottom tab bar. Many folks (including myself) really value screen real estate for their content.
Another annoyance was that the home stream would restart if you went somewhere else in the app. It will now maintain your position (saving you time from having to scroll back to the place that you were).
Is this update going to fix your main issue with the G+ app, or was there another change you wanted to see? Check out the Google+ page below for the official announcement.
Source: Google+ Updates