In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, photos, videos, infographics, and Android-related news tidbits which, for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider it a grab-bag of Android goodies. If you have something that you think is worth a mention on AndroidGuys, be sure to reach out to us via our contact page.
This week features Toy Defense, SHADOWGUN, Apps World, Predators, Humble Bumble 4, illo, Songza, Pocket, iLuv, Thumbstar Games, and more.
[dropcap1 variation=”red”]M[/dropcap1]elesta Games is just about ready to deliver its Android version of Toy Defense. If you’d like to see what happens when you mix tower defense games with Toy Story, then you will want to keep an eye open for this one. Set to arrive in mid-November, Toy Defense for Android will launch with 24 levels .
[dropcap1 variation=”orange”]I[/dropcap1]t might be eighteen months late, but Fox has officially released a Predators game based on the summer 2011 movie. The game is actually designed by Angry Mob, the team behind Guerrilla Bob and Muffin Knight so you know it’s probably worth the money.
[dropcap1 variation=”yellow”]T[/dropcap1]he fourth edition of the popular Humble Bumble series is out and features six mobile and desktop titles: Crayon Physics Deluxe, Eufloria, Splice, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Waking Mars, and Machinarium! If you have not downloaded one of these packages then you’re just being silly. You get to pick the price, you know. Customers can optionally allocate part of their purchase to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (Internet freedom non-profit) and the Child’s Play Charity (providing technology & games for kids in hospitals). So far, the generous contributions of bundle buyers has added up to more than $7,550,000 for charity!
[dropcap1 variation=”green”]A[/dropcap1]pps World is heading to San Francisco for its tech city debut in February 2013. Following on from the phenomenal success of the 2012 London show the global multi-platform app event series, on February 7th and 8th next year Apps World will be taking over the dynamic Moscone Center West in San Francisco’s urban centre, for 2 days of discussion and debate around the mobile app ecosystem, amongst a bustling exhibition with 150+ leading technology players. http://www.apps-world.net/
- Improved audio playback experience: It’s now faster than ever to start playlists (decreased buffering times) and song skipping is quicker and more fluid as well.
- Expanded notifications: Featuring the latest in Android interface design, the expanded notifications show you larger album artwork and give you the ability to thumbs up a song you’re listing to directly from the notifications panel.
- Easier than ever to share with friends: The app now features a dedicated icon for the way in which you most commonly share your listening experience on Songza.
- Performance fixes and optimizations: Playback and skipping won’t overtask the app, song information displays immediately (even if a song is still buffering), faster menu transitions and an overall more fluid experience.
- Deep-linking: This allows users to click a link to a playlist from Facebook and have the playlist open directly in the Songza app. This will work from a text message or most other applications on an Android device.