If you have a Sony Xperia Z3 or Z3 Compact then you should head over to the software update setting to see if there is an update waiting for you. Sony announced today that they will being to push the Android 5.0 update beginning with the Nordics and Balctics. They will then move on to further markets with the final regions seeing the updates within 2 weeks. So if you don’t see the update on your device right now, you wont have to wait to long before you see the notification.
Android 5.0 was released late last year and with it came a multitude of improvements. Here are the highlights of Sony’s Lollipop update.
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
For full details and further information, you can head over to the full press release using the links below.
Source: Sony Android 5.0 Update