Sprint just announced through their twitter account, and their support forum, that they have released a Maintenance Update for their Samsung Moment handset.
Pleased to announce Maintenance Release CL14 is now available for the Samsung Moment. Details here – http://bit.ly/7shVpY. – Sprint via twitter
If you’re like me and you’re already hitting the update button on your phone like a maniac, you’ll be disappointed to find out two things. First, this is NOT the Android 2.1 updated promised by Sprint last month; and second, this update is only currently available by visiting a Sprint retail location with a Repair Center.
But don’tÂ despair.Â Sprint says that “The ability to download the update directly on your Moment will be available in the near future”.Â Â That’s good news for those of you who don’t enjoy long lines on Fridays with people paying their cell phone bills.Â Before you hop in your car and run to nearest Sprint store, here’s the complete list of goodies contained in the update:
- Network Assist GPS to allow indoor location fix
- Updates to several third-party apps, including Visual Voicemail, NFL, NASCAR and Sprint TV
- Change to Emergency Dial on lock screen
- Hard reset available in recovery mode: remove and reinsert battery; press volume down, send and end keys until reboot option pops up; scroll to wipe data/factory reset; press OK
- Various improvements to battery life