Republic Wireless, a carrier known for offering low-priced smartphones and plans that take advantage of multiple cell and WiFi networks, announced today that the third generation Moto G would be available for use on the network soon. Launching with Republic Refund plans, the Moto G will be the third device officially offered by Republic Wireless (the second generation Moto E and Moto X are already available for purchase). The Republic Refund plans give users several options and price tiers, depending on what they need. Here’s the breakdown:
- The $5 plan will give users unlimited WiFi calling, texting, and data
- For $10, the Republic Refund Base Plan offers unlimited WiFi calling, texting, and data, as well as unlimited cellular text and calling
- The $25 Republic Refund Plan offers all of the above, plus 1GB of data on the 4G network
- For $40, that 1GB is bumped up to 2 GB
- Each additional GB after 2 will cost an extra $15
To refresh your memory, the third generation Moto G is packing a 5-inch 720 x 1080 display, Android 5.1, a 1.4GHz Snapdragon 410 processor, a MicroSD card slot, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera. It’s available in 8 or 16Gb variants, which come with 1GB or 2GB of RAM, respectively. Republic is pricing the 8GB Moto G at $199, and the 16GB model at $229.
We don’t have a release date as of yet, but the product page at Republic’s website says “coming soon.” We will continue to update you when we get more information on the Moto G and Republic Wireless!