One of the most popular homescreen launcgers on Google Play has been updated for a full Material Design makeover, complete with some new animations, options and modern looks. Top features for the update include
- All settings screens/dialogs
- More animations
- Edit shortcut dialog tinted based on color of icon
- New Lollipop icons
- Support for Android for Work
- Widget search
- Max icon size boosted to 150%
- Google search bar animation based on Google Now Launcher
The update comes with a bold warning that this update is not fully stable and will come with bugs. However, many users will appreciate the sweet new look and feel of the highly customizable launcher.
<h3>How to get the Nova Launcher Beta</h3>
To opt-in for Nova Launcher Betas from Google Play:
- Join the Nova Launcher Beta G+ Community (This is not optional)
- After joining, Opt-in for Nova Launcher
- Opt-in for TeslaUnread
- Wait for a beta. Betas are not always available, but when one is the Play Store will prompt you to update or automatically update depending on your settings
Installing betas does not require uninstalling your current version of Nova Launcher. Betas are compatible with your existing Nova Launcher Prime license and you will not lose Prime features by installing a beta.
For betas outside of the Play Store, install the latest Nova Launcher APK and enable automatic update checks and update from within the app via Settings > Check for updates > Menu > Beta
I think you’ll find that you are reporting on a beta release that isn’t available on Google Play and certainly not at the link you provide at the end of your ‘article’. I daresay that if the beta goes well it may appear on Google Play in a few weeks or so but it’s certainly very premature to give the impression it is there now.
Yeah, what Paul said. Yet another example of stellar journalism on the part of androidguys.
Thanks for the heads up – I’ve edited the article to reflect it was the Beta that was updated, as well as instructions on how to enrol.
Comments are closed.