At CES 2019 this week Philips Hue expanded its popular collection of lighting, particularly in the outdoor line. Giving consumers even more functionality and versatility, the lights can extend the personal experience outside of the house.
The new models include a number of wall-mounted outdoor fixtures and path lighting, as well as a battery-operated sensor.
Experience the comfort of your lights turning on automatically when you arrive in the dark.
The new weather-resistant Hue Outdoor sensor is wireless and battery-powered and can, among other things, automatically turn on when you arrive in the dark. With a detection range of 12 meters (~39 feet), it can also trigger whenever someone passes by.
Using the Philips Hue app, users can choose which lights turn on when someone passes by the sensor. Indeed, both indoor and outdoor lights can be configured, making it appears as if someone is always at home.
Philips Hue has a handful of flood lights and other lighting coming next month, including some which are exclusive to Europe. A few are white lights while some offer colors. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s on deck.
Available in North America and Europe in February 2019
- Philips Hue Welcome Flood Light (RRP: EUR 129.99 / USD 109.99), a wall-mounted fixture in one shade of bright white light
- Philips Hue Discover Flood Light (RRP: EUR 149.99 / USD 139.99), a wall-mounted fixture with White and Color Ambiance light
- Philips Hue Econic family of wall lights (RRP: EUR 139.99 / USD 129.99 and EUR 139.99 / USD 129.99)
Available in Europe only, in February 2019
- Philips Hue Econic pedestal and post (RRP: EUR 129.99 and 159.99)
- Philips Hue Fuzo family (RRP: from EUR 79.99), which includes a pedestal, a post and three wall lights, with white light.
- Philips Hue Calla large bollard (RRP: EUR 149.99, extension available for EUR 119.99), which is a bigger version of the already available Calla path light and has White and Color Ambiance light