‘Tis the season for tech deals, and this year it seems they’ve jumped the gates early (maybe it’s just me). Along with Black Friday deals, I’ve been seeing a bunch of pre-Black Friday deals, like this one:
Beginning Sunday, November 13, through Saturday, November 19, Best Buy Mobile will be offering customers a deal on the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch. Anyone who purchases this Sprint phone with a 2-year contract will receive a Samsung BD-D5100 Blu-ray player for free. This really isn’t a bad deal for anyone who was considering picking up the Epic 4G Touch on Sprint. While there’s always a “new” and “better” phone coming out, the Galaxy S II series is undoubtedly this yearss smartphone winner. Not only did Samsung sell 10 million of them in 5 months, but they also recieved top honors at the 4G World Expo (The Epic 4G Touch won top spot).
Sprint’s Epic 4G Touch is amazing and features:
- 4G speed for fast web browsing
- A 4.52″ Super AMOLED(TM) Plus touch screen delivering brilliant colors with the most contrast, providing a vivid and crisp viewing experience.
- 16GB memory with Android 2.3 operating system
- 8.0MP rear facing camera with 1080 high profile video recording and 2.0MP front facing camera
- Samsung Exynos(TM) 1.2GHz dual-core processor
The Blu-Ray player being offered isn’t too shabby either, and in fact, these Samsung products actually compliment each other:
Key features of the Samsung BD-D5100 Blu-ray player include:
- Playable formats: Blu-ray, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, DivX HD, WMV, WMA, MP3 and JPEG with built-in 256MB flash memory and HDMI port.
- Access to video content from Best Buy CinemaNow® Netflix®, and YouTube®.
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Digital TrueHD decoders.
- Greatly enhanced video performance of standard DVDs by upconverting their video resolution to HDTV-compliant resolutions via the HDMI interface.
- Use the Epic 4G Touch as a smart remote for Blu-ray player.
- Use the AllShare® feature to send photos and videos from the Epic 4G Touch wirelessly to your TV via Blu-ray player over your home network.
That means you’ll be getting the “phone of the year,” and a complimentary Samsung BD-D5100 Blu-ray player, all for the price of $199.99 (with a 2-year activation). Considering the retail value of the Blue-ray player is $89.99, it’s like getting the Epic 4G Touch for $110 — that’s a great price for the phone that catapulted Samsung to the top of the mobile manufacturer list.
Source: Best Buy