Qualcomm on Tuesday announced its latest mobile processor, the quad-core Snapdragon 210. Aimed at entry-level smartphones and tablets, features include multimode 3G/4G LTE and LTE Dual SIM configurations, full HD playback, up to 8-megapixel cameras, and QuickCharge 2.0 capability.
Additional features of the Snapdragon 210 processor include:
- Seamless, advanced LTE connectivity with fully integrated 4G LTE-Advanced Cat 4 Carrier Aggregation, LTE Broadcast and LTE Dual SIM/Dual Standby — all firsts in this category of products.
- High-quality yet cost-effective multimedia experiences with Full-HD (1080p) playback with hardware HEVC.
- Enhanced performance and power efficiency in the entry-level tier with quad CPU and Qualcomm® Adreno™ 304 graphics.
- Superior camera capabilities, including up to 8 megapixel camera support and leading enhanced computational camera functionalities, including Zero Shutter Lag, high dynamic range (HDR), autofocus, auto white balance and auto exposure.
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 support, enabling up to 75% faster battery charging than devices without fast-charging technology.
We should look for the first devices to feature Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 210 processor in the first half of 2015. Our gut says we’ll have announcements at CES 2015 with availability in the ensuing weeks.