Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) Republic Wireless is celebrating a rather monumental day today. For starters, it’s announcing the arrival of nine Android smartphones. Moreover, the carrier is promoting four Clear Choice options designed to make it easier to pick a rate plan.
Starting today, customers can choose from a number of Android phones, all of which run 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge – $799 (or as low as $48 a month*)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 – $699 (or as low as $42 a month*)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 – $179 (or as low as $11 a month*)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 – $549 (or as low as $33 a month*)
- Nexus 6P by Huawei – $499 (or as low as $30 a month*)
- Nexus 5X by LG – $349 (or as low as $21 a month*)
- Moto X Pure Edition – $349 (or as low as $21 a month*)
- Moto G4 – $199 (or as low as $12 a month*)
- Moto G4 Plus – $299 (or as low as $18 a month*)
Republic Wireless uses a blend of Wi-Fi and cellular for coverage, relying on the former first and falling back to Sprint and T-Mobile towers for backup. It calls this Adaptive Coverage. And, while the carrier has rate plans which offer up to 10GB of data, it’s currently focusing on the following four options.
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data /$15 a month.
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data + 1G Cellular Data / $20 a month
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data + 2G Cellular Data / $30 a month
- Unlimited Talk & Text + WiFi Data + 4G Cellular Data / $45 a month
Looking ahead about two weeks, Republic will sell SIM starting on August 11. Customers who already own one of the aforementioned devices can switch to the service provider via the SIM kit.