Rhapsody has today released a full-featured and tablet-optimized version of their Android application. Designed with tablets sized 9inches or larger and running Honeycomb (3.0+), the app features a magazine-like layout and looks simply gorgeous. Of course all the features of the previous release are still there, including customized playlists, reviews, live performances, and more. You don’t get to be “#1 subscription music service in the USA” by cutting corners.
“We didn’t just resize Rhapsody – we re-imagined the entire experience for the tablet,” said Brendan Benzing, chief product officer, Rhapsody. “The tablet is not a giant phone or a mini computer. It’s your companion on the couch, in transit and out in the world, and therefore people experience music and consume content differently than they would on a computer, portable device, TV or home audio system.”
- Magazine-style layout with artist biographies and album reviews from some of the top music writers in the industry
- Unlimited access to over 14 million songs
- Customized playlists, new music recommendations
- Exclusive content: artist interviews, live performances and pre-release listening
- App is free, service is $9.99/month for unlimited listening on your phone, tablet, computer or via connected devices like Sonos.