The new Samsung Galaxy Note release is growing closer. Originally, Evan Blass said the release was rumored for the week of August 15, but now he says the phone could be joining us exactly two months from now.
Galaxy Note 6/7 launch event is almost exactly two months away.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) June 2, 2016
In light of this, here at AndroidGuys we have decided to round up a few things that we may see come release date:
- An Iris Scanner, as SamMobile reported that Samsung has recently trademarked the terms Galaxy Iris and Galaxy Eyeprint
- Note Edge making a comeback, after a patent that allows users to use the S-Pen on the Edge panel appeared (also reported by SamMobile)
- 5.7″ QHD Super AMOLED screen
- Snapdragon 820 processor
- 32/64GB of expandable storage with 4/6GB of RAM
- We’ve had two renders of the device leaked today: One was posted by YouTube user uSwitch, while the other was uploaded to Twitter by Shai Mizrachi.
The final rumored thing is the name. As originally reported by Etnews, in an effort to keep the Galaxy Note and S lines on the same page when it comes to numbering, we may skip over the name “Galaxy Note 6.” Instead, we may go straight to the Galaxy Note 7.
All of the things listed above are rumors. They are subject to change come release day. We have no idea what version of Android this monster phablet will launch with. We also do not know whether the international variant will have an Exynos processor, though it is very probable. All will be revealed sometime in August. What do you think the new Galaxy Note is gonna be like? Let us know in the comments!