Samsung last Thursday announced a pair of fitness-based wearables for consumers looking to smarten up their daily activities.
First up is the Gear Fit2, a second-gen activity tracker that is designed to be worn around the wrist. The curved unit’s primary features include GPS and heart rate monitor; the super AMOLED display allows for touch and can provide notifications.
- An ergonomic, sleek, slim, and comfortable design for everyday use
- With Auto tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing or elliptical machines
- For a better understanding of their health, users can easily transfer their data between S Health and other select fitness applications
- A ‘Step Goal Challenge’ can be instantly shared with friends and family on Facebook for ongoing motivation
- Integrated Spotify app lets you access millions of songs, so you’ll always have the perfect workout soundtrack
As is the case with other Samsung wearables, this one runs the Tizen operating system and ties into Samung’s S Health app as well as other health-related and fitness apps. Additional specs include a 200mAh battery and 4GB internal storage for music.
Internally, each earbud houses a 47mAh battery but the carrying case offers up another 315mAh battery for recharging. To activate the IconX, users place the earbuds into ears.
What makes these different from other wireless headphones or earbuds is that they can track distance, speed, duration, pulse, calories burned, and more. Indeed, the IconX include 4GB internal storage so users can put roughly 1,000 songs on them. And, because we all need a coach for workouts, the earbuds offer voice guidance for feedback.
The Samsung Gear Fit2 can be pre-ordered immediately with availability starting from June 10. Pricing is listed at $179.99 across various retailers, including Best Buy, Amazon, Samsung, and others. Color options include Black, Blue, and Pink.
The Gear IconX is expected to arrive in the third quarter with pricing listed at $199.99.