BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE ANNOUNCEMENTS LIVE AT ANDROIDGUYS.COM/LIVE
The wait is over and we’re finally official. Samsung and Google have announced the next generation of Android and “Pure Google” with the Galaxy Nexus. Specifications fall directly in line with the last minute rumors and include the dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display, 16 or 32GB storage and 1GB RAM. There’s a lot more to it than just the specs. Google seems to have some nice
Pricing for the Galaxy Nexus has not been announced yet.
Here are the details, so far…
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Source: Phandroid)
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream
- 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 720p resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Redsigned UI in Android 4.0
- Improved multi-tasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NF support, full web browsing
- Android 4.0 features Software Navigation buttons – brand new
- People App with Google+ Integration among other features
- Redesigned camera with panorama mode, 1080p video, zero-shutter lag, silly faces and background replacement features
- Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone! BOOM that just happened.
- Android Beam uses NFC to easily share content with other Android users with the bump of phones
- PURE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE
- All the Google Apps you love from Android Market and GMail to Movie Studio and redesigned Google+ app
- 8.94mm thick, 4.29mm bezel
- LTE and HSPA+ connectivity
- Available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November and then rolled out globally
Here’s the official video from Google and Samsung. Hope you like Tron.