What could be coming on the heels of Samsung’s Galaxy S series of devices? It seems the answer to that is the Galaxy Q! Major differences from the Galaxy S include a Qwerty keyboard 3″ Super AMOLED screen and a physical form factor a bit smaller than the Galaxy S. It will feature a front facing camera as well as the standard rear facing camera. Much like the Galaxy S it will have 16Gb of internal storage and support up to a 32Gb MicroSDHC card for expansion.
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 3G/HSDPA/HSUPA connectivity
- Android 2.2 (Froyo at launch)
- 1Ghz Hummingbird (Same processor used in the Galaxy S)
- 3″ Super AMOLED screen with 720×480 resolution
- 8.0 mega-pixel rear camera with LED flash, HD video capable
- 1.3 mega-pixel front facing camera for video chat
- 1500mAh battery (Same rating as the Galaxy S)
- Multi-Touchscreen, Qwerty keypad and optical touchpad inputs
- 16Gb internal storage, External storage supports up to 32Gb MicroSDHC
- Physical dimensions: H 4.8″(120mm) x W 2.72″(68mm) x D .37″(9.25mm) weighing in at 3.8 ounces
The 8.0 mega-pixel camera is a nice upgrade but dropping to a 3″ Super AMOLED screen is a bit of a let down after the Galaxy S 4″ screen. There were no details regarding pricing, release date, or which wireless carriers will carry the device. While it shares some characteristics with the Galaxy S it certainly stands as its own device packing a QWERTY keyboard and a Front facing camera. Physical specs on the device elude to it being more in line with the candy bar form factor with the keyboard laid out below the screen and to be marketed as a Blackberry competitor, however there were no pictures or specific physical details leaked with the specifications.