Sony have today released a new version of their app which allows users to defocus the background of their photos after they’ve been taken at a tap of the screen.
The update has been issued to the Google Play Store and is available to Sony Xperia phones running Android 4.2 or later.
How to use Background defocus:
1. Start the Camera and select Background defocus as camera mode
2. Tap the object you want to focus on in the viewfinder
3. Tap the camera key to take a photo
4. Change the blur level and blur effect with the controls on the screen
5. Tap the save buttonTips for best photos:
For best results, Sony recommends users to focus on objects that are 15-45cm away with a background at least 5 metres away from the subject.
[pb-app-box pname=’com.sonymobile.backgrounddefocus’ name=’Background defocus’ theme=’discover’ lang=’en’]