Sony has finally started rolling out the Android 5.1 Lollipop update for a few of its devices. The company has also announced somewhat of a schedule of when other devices will be receiving the update. The devices that will be receiving the Lollipop update first are:
- Xperia Z3
- Xperia Z3 Compact
- Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
- Xperia Z2
- Xperia Z2 Tablet
Of course, there is no specific day as to when these devices will begin receiving the update, however, Sony’s done their part for their users. The actual seeding of the update will depend on the carrier and location.
As for some of the changes that Sony is bringing to these devices, they have provided a change-log, which shows off the biggest improvements:
- Increased customisation options – so you have even more control over the way volume, silent modes and your alerts function
- Brand new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive contact synchronisation in your Calendar
- Camera improvements – with faster, more accurate Superior Auto Mode focus for great images, regardless of conditions
- Enhanced enterprise support – with our latest Xperia in Business features for work
- SmartWear integration – selfie snapping made that bit easier, with SmartWatch 3 as a remote shutter button
If you own a device that isn’t in the first round of updates above, Sony still has you in mind. Owners of the Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact, and Xperia Z Ultra will be updated in the coming weeks. Then those who own the Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia C3, original Xperia Z Series, Xperia M2, and the Xperia M2 Aqua will also be receiving the updates after the fact.
Let us know if you’re excited to see Sony paying close attention to all of their devices, and making sure that those devices are updated as much as possible.