Sprint signs co-branded store-within-store deal with Radio Shack

Sprint and Radio Shack on Thursday announced a deal which will see the nation’s third largest wireless provider picking up approximately 1,750 stores.

Sprint currently has more than 1,100 company-owned retail stores, which would more than double if the transaction is approved.

As part of the Radio Shack bankruptcy filing, Sprint will soon operate as a store-within-a-store and receive co-branding.  Sprint will receive about 30 percent of the retail space in each location with the other 70 percent being allocated to other tech gear.

sprint-logo1

It’s not clear what will happen in regards to the other wireless providers sold at Radio Shack. We’ll assume, for now, that Verizon, AT&T, and their respective brands will not be offered in the new Sprint and Radio Shack stores.

Note: Select outbound links may include affiliate tracking codes. Revenue generated from any potential purchases is used to fund AndroidGuys. Read our policy.

SHARE
In addition to smartphones and mobile gadgets, Scott has a deep appreciation for film, music, and sunflower seeds. A husband and father, he likes spending down time riding his mountain bike or binge-watching TV. Scott has overseen the day-to-day activities of AndroidGuys since 2007.
Loading...