Sprint and its prepaid arm, Virgin Mobile, will soon add the waterproof and impact resistant Kyocera Hydro Vibe to their respective rosters. Powered by Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, the phone features a 4.5-inch qHD display, 8-megapixel rear camera, and 2,000mAh battery. Internally, you’ll find a quad-core 1.2GHz processor, 8GB internal storage, 1.5GB RAM, NFC, and tri-band 4G LTE (Spark) support.
Unlike your basic smartphone, the Hydro Vibe boasts a waterproof coating and impact-resistant case. What’s more, there’s also an option for wireless charging; the accessory will cost extra.
Kyocera Hydro Vibe boasts the following features:
- Android 4.3, Jelly Bean
- 4.5-inch qHD capacitive, impact-resistant touchscreen display
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and video camera; 2-megapixel front camera
- Near Field Communication (NFC)-capable for easy file sharing with other NFC-enabled devices
- Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 1.2GHz quad-core CPU
- Wireless charging (PMA)
- 2,000mAh battery for longer use on a single charge, plus Kyocera’s proprietary Eco-Mode and MaxiMZR power-management apps
- 8GB of on-board memory, expandable to 32GB with microSD
- Sprint Spark in markets where available
Sprint will carry the phone on May 9 for $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $6.59, or a total cost of $230. Virgin Mobile, for its part, will sell a pre-paid version on May 27 with a $149.99 price tag.