Ahh spring. The temperatures are rising, plants are springing to life and baseball is back. In anticipation of Major League Baseball kicking off the 2018 season on Thursday, T-Mobile and MLB are teaming up to give away free MLB.tv premium accounts. These accounts give you access to all radio broadcasts and out-of-market television broadcasts for the entire year.
That’s great and all, but how do you get one? Well, the steps are pretty simple. I just claimed my account and it only took about 90 seconds. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app from the Play Store or App Store
- Turn off your Wi-Fi so you are using your cellular connection (this is important!)
- Log into the app. If you’ve never opened the app before, T-Mobile will ask you to enter your phone number and will send you a text message with a code you have to enter
- Tap on the MLB.tv banner
- Click Redeem
- A page will come up that shows your discount code and some instructions. Instead of visiting MLB.tv from a browser, just hit redeem again
- You will be taken to a page where you will either log into your existing MLB.tv account or create a new account
- Once you do that, your discount is applied and you will receive a free premium account for the 2018 season
- There are links to download the app on this page, but just in case you closed it, you can get the MLB At Bat app from both the Play Store and App Store
Now that you’ve claimed your account, you can explore the app and find a ton of awesome features. MLB tends to put out a ton of news content and video clips to keep you up to date on your team even if you can’t watch the games.
You can also use your account on other devices. If you have a smart TV, streaming box, or a game system like the Xbox One or PlayStation 4, you can use your account in the MLB At Bat app on those systems. You can also cast games directly from the MLB At Bat app right on your phone to a Chromecast-enabled device.