In another groundbreaking event, John Legere announced “Stock Up” at Uncarrier 11 to thank its customers for referring new customers to its service. Stock Up will allow users to become owners in T-Mobile through earning up to 100 stock of TMUS per year. Each referral will earn one stock, which is currently valued at $43.14.
“Get ready for a gratitude adjustment, America! This Un-carrier move is all about giving you a good thanking! No strings. No gotchas. Just ‘thank you for being a customer!’” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile.
As an owner, you are entitled to your share of the company’s earnings as well as any voting rights attached to the stock. What makes this deal incredibly smart is that John Legere wants his customers to be invested in T-Mobile.
“For me, there’s no higher praise than hearing a customer say they recommend T-Mobile to family and friends, so we wanted to get this right,” said Legere. “And, what better way to thank you than sharing in the future of our company?! Now, T-Mobile customers own the place!”
How to earn free stock
Primary account holders will automatically qualify one free share of T-Mobile stock, as well as any new sign ups starting tomorrow. For every new customer you refer to T-Mobile, you earn exactly one share. T-Mobile is thanking its most loyal customers by doubling their rewards. For T-Mobile customers who have been with the company for more than five years, they will get two shares for every new customer they refer through 2017.
It’s a win-win situation
T-Mobile will be paying out shares to its customers, but in turn it will gain sign-ups for Loyal3 and it will also add new customers. New customers are worth far more than one share of stock, and one share of stock can go a long way if T-Mobile adds more customers. More customers will make the large investors happy and draw more interest in T-Mobile shares which will in turn drive the price up.
Existing customers can claim their T-Mobile stock starting tomorrow, June 7, through June 21 in the T-Mobile Tuesdays app, and customers can learn more about growing their ownership when they recommend T-Mobile at www.t-mobile.com/StockUp.
Wait, there’s more!
In addition to “Stock Up”, John Legere also announced T-Mobile Tuesdays, a new app that thanks T-Mobile customers with free stuff and epic prizes, every Tuesday.
Here’s how T-Mobile thanks you with T-Mobile Tuesdays:
• Get free stuff to use every week
• Play for top-shelf prizes and epic experiences from the coolest brands around
• Tell everyone how great being thanked feels with built-in social sharing
• And the best part? It’s all for free, for real, for you every Tuesday
T-Mobile has partnered with some of the best and coolest brands to thank its customers every single week, including Gilt, Domino’s, StubHub, Wendy’s, VUDU, Fandango, Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures, Lyft and more.
Every week, you’ll have a chance to win something truly mind-blowing. Here are just a few examples of upcoming prizes:
- a trip for two to Vegas to stay at Mandalay Bay with tickets to see UB40 at the Mandalay Bay Beach and roll VIP style at Luxor’s LAX Nightclub. Plus $100 in Lyft credits to get around town.
- a trip to MLB All-Star week in San Diego for you and a lucky guest, including exclusive access to the Home Run Derby press conference and batting practice to see the top players up close and personal.
- a once-in-a-lifetime expedition for you and your hiking buddy up the legendary Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru, complete with accommodations, meals, and tours from The Clymb.
- a trip to New York City to refresh your wardrobe with a $10,000 shopping spree with the help of an in-house stylist in the private Gilt showroom.
T-Mobile’s also thanking customers with a full free hour of Gogo Wi-Fi on your smartphone on EVERY Gogo-equipped domestic flight—for all T-Mobile customers.