Gaming on mobile devices is not as user friendly as controller based setups like you have at home. Playing games like Grand Theft Auto on your Android device is fun while you’re out and about, but can be extremely frustrating when you need precise controls that you cannot get from on screen buttons. I personally have never liked games like that on my Android devices because I leave on screen controls for games like Words with Friends where precision is not vital to the success of winning the game.
Of course there are companies that offer wireless gaming controllers for your device, but they are huge and are not really portable. Most even require their own charging cable because the battery is so large.
In comes a project that is looking for funding over at Indiegogo called GameBeat, which is a case and game controller all in one design to keep things mobile.
What is the GameBeat? (from the indiegogo campaign)
2. The GameBeat case has a specially designed friction hinge, which is sewed into the case when it’s manufactured. It locks in place at any angle the user wants up to the 360 degrees (so it won’t bother you when you aren’t gaming). It is strong enough to hold your phone at any angle you want (like Lenovo yoga ultrabooks), but also soft enough to easily open and close it. Both the phone and the GameBeat controller can easily detach from the case.
– 4 sizes and 4 colors (pink, black, white, blue) of universal* cases are available :
- up to 4.5” smartphones
- from 4.5” to 5” smartphones
- from 5” to 5.5” smartphones
- from 5,5” to 6” smartphones
*Universal means it fits on any smartphone model or manufacturer. So no matter if you have Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Lenovo… smartphones, they will fit on the case.
For the LG G line and all the other smartphones with the volume buttons on the back, special cases with the cut out on the back will be manufactured.
Funding for the Gamebeat is still in very early stages which means you can pick one of these up for $45 if you get in now. $45 is much cheaper than those other bulky options especially if you consider you are getting a phone case too. Check it out over at indiegogo.com. The first 100 backers will get in for $45, the next 500 will get in at $60, and the rest will get in at $70 which is $15 off the suggested retail price. This bluetooth gaming controller is expected to ship before next summer.