A new Android game offering a different perspective on war is now available to pre-order on Android. 15% of all the proceeds will support the War Child charity.
This War of Mine is the first game that lets you experience war not as a soldier, but as a group of civilians in a besieged city, struggling with a constant threat of disease, starvation and death, either from hardship, a sniper’s bullet or at the hands of bandits. Do whatever it takes to survive – without destroying your souls, if possible.
The pace of the game is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Why this game?
- Experience war from a completely new angle: play as civilians struggling to survive
- Forge emotional bonds with your characters
- Inspired by real events
- Get Windows, Linux and Mac versions free with your pre-order
- Support War Child charity with 15% of your pre-order
INDEPENDENT GAMES FESTIVAL – AUDIENCE AWARD
2015 SXSW GAMING AWARD
E3 GAME OF SHOW – Gaminglives.com
BEST OF E3 NOMINEE – Gaming Trend
BEST GAME EVER (THIS YEAR) – Arcade Sushi
- Face the reality: all in game events have been inspired by real life
- Take care of a group of civilians put together by chance, making the best use of their talents and recognizing their weaknesses
- Make tough choices and suffer the consequences: when everyone is sick, how far will you go to get the meds? and who will get them first – the weakest or those who care for them?
- Manage your shelter: fix it up with improvised beds and stoves, guard it against intruders, venture outside at night to look for anything that might help you survive
- Try again, if you have the grit to tough it out – every time the experience will be different
What do you think? Will you be pre-ordering this game? Let us know in the comments.