Hey there! Are you looking to pick up a part-time summer job or test the waters of blogging? We might be able to help you out! We’re expanding our team again and are looking for some new candidates.
Are you passionate about Android, Chrome, smartwatches, and other fun tech tech? Do you find yourself constantly reading about Android, playing with new apps, or buying new devices? AndroidGuys may have an entry-level blogging opportunity for you! As we head into the summer season we are bulking up the team with some new positions.
Applicants will need to be knowledgeable about Android in general terms and have experience with the platform. More importantly, they must possess strong writing skills and have a sincere desire to blog on a part-time basis.
- …be organized, motivated, and reliable
- …be able to meet deadlines and adhere to schedule
- …be able to take constructive criticism and advice
- …be able to find news stories and collaborate on ideas
- …have a strong grasp of English
- …be able to contribute 5-10 posts per week at a minimum
It doesn’t hurt to…
- …have previous blogging experience
- …have familiarity with WordPress
- …own multiple Android devices
- …have free time during the work day
Interns will typically work within our system for a few weeks, getting the feel of things, and learning whether this is something they want to do. Our culture allows for writers who have jobs, school, and other obligations. We’d like to see an average of 5-10 posts per week out of interns on a consistent basis before expanding roles.
More seasoned writers and those who can produce in excess of 10 posts per week may be able to join the paid ranks in a much quicker time frame. Depending on previous experience and abilities we may offer something immediately.
- App Review Team – Candidate will be responsible for conducting reviews of Android apps and games. With an expectation of 2 reviews per week, the staff member will work with other members of the AndroidGuys team to facilitate, compose, and schedule reviews. The candidate will also work with various media representatives, developers, and press agents.
- News & Rumors Team – Staff member will be responsible for coverage of daily news, rumors, and other Android-related topics. Topics will come from a variety of sources including editors, other staff, email, and RSS feeds. These are much more time-sensitive in nature and need to be turned over quickly. Volume level should be an average of 10 posts per week.
For more information, or to submit an application, please click here.