ZTE USA, one of the country’s largest supplier of unlocked mobile devices has partnered with T-Mobile to bring its 2-in-1 mobile Android projector to T-Mobile customers. Priced at $499.99, the ZTE Spro 2 smart projector runs Android, which means it can connect to the internet, play games, movies, and take advantage of T-Mobile’s famous Binge On program.
The Spro 2 allows users to:
- Project up to 120 inches with 720 HD resolution at 200 lumens, with added benefits of auto-focus and auto keystone correction
- Download apps directly from Google Play Store to the projector and control apps, content and projector functions through the 5-inch LCD touchscreen
- Stream content from HDMI and USB connections, 64GB Micro SD card (card sold separately), Bluetooth and 16GB of internal storage
- Enjoy 2.5 hours of projection time without plugs thanks to an internal 6300 mAh internal battery
- Get all of these features within one compact device measuring 134 x 132 x 31.8 mm and weighing 20oz
“The Spro 2 is unlike any other device on the market today and expanding its availability to T-Mobile’s customers is something we’re very excited about,” said Lixin Cheng, chairman and CEO of ZTE USA.
While it does run Android, it happens to run Kit Kat 4.4 which is two full iterations behind the most current version.
As an avid outdoor enthusiast, I don’t usually recommend bringing gadgets on camping trips, but the Spro 2 is a great options for the ones who easily get bored with nothing to do except stare at a campfire. You can project the image onto a side of a tent and watch a movie while you fall asleep just like you never left home.