The 2017 flagship killer has been officially announced, and seemingly compromises on a few features, despite OnePlus’ commitment to Never Settle. Regardless, the OnePlus 5 is now available for purchase and features specs that rival and/or surpass the likes of Samsung, HTC, and LG.
The OnePlus 5 features a 5.5-inch Full HD display, while being powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC and either 6GB or 8GB of RAM. If purchasing the 6GB variant, you will be limited to 64GB of storage, while the 8GB variant is packaged with 128GB of storage.
OnePlus put a lot of focus on the cameras for its latest device, while including a 16MP front-facing camera. This front camera is also capable of a portrait mode similar to what we have seen with the iPhone 7 Plus. The rear of the OnePlus 5 features a dual-camera setup, with a 20MP sensor and a 16MP sensor, with an LED flash placed to the right of the camera module.
The OnePlus 5 also features a 3,300mAh battery with a USB Type-C charging port and OnePlus’ proprietary Dash Charge capabilities. Dash Charge aims to recharge your device from 0% to over 50% in just half an hour.
As previously mentioned, there are two variants of the OnePlus 5 available with the base 6GB/64GB configuration being priced at $479. The more powerful 8GB/128GB option is priced at $539 and is available directly from the OnePlus website.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, octa-core (4 x 2.45GHz + 4 x 1.9GHz)
- RAM: 6/8 GB
- Storage: 64/128GB base
- Display: 5.5-inch, Optic AMOLED, 1920 x 1080p (401 PPI)
- Battery: 3300mAh non-removable
- Camera: dual-16MP, f/1.7 + 20MP f/2.6 main camera, 16MP f/2.0 font-facing camera
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dimensions: 6.07 x 2.92 x 0.29 inches
- Weight: 153 g
- Other key features: USB type-C, Bluetooth 5.0, DASH Charging