Welcome to the latest episode of the AndroidGuys Audio Experience! For today we’ve tackled the new Android P Developer Preview update, how Honor is looking for an edge, the first smartwatch from fashion designer Marc Jacobs, and the Moto Z3 Play.
- Android P Developer Preview 3 released
- Marc Jacobs releases its first smartwatch
- Some Honor phones will get an update to boost game performance
- The Moto Z3 Play goes official
It’s our goal to keep these podcasts short but there’s a reason we lovingly refer to it as “The 15-minute podcast that’s never 15 minutes”. We hope you enjoy the show!
Other news to know
- The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge are finally getting an update. After several false starts, the fantastic phones from 2016 will finally be updated to Android Oreo. The update was previously pulled with no mention of when a fix might be issues. Now, we’re seeing support documents go up on Verizon’s website which indicates the software update is incoming. Unfortunately, users will be on an outdated April security patch, but at least it’s an update of some sort!
- Essential owners can now get the latest Android P beta. Andy Rubin’s company is now rolling out Android P Beta 1. The name is different, but it’s the exact same software experience the Android Developer Preview Beta 2 that was released yesterday to Pixel owners. The update brings a new security patch, adaptive battery options, and more.
- The special edition OnePlus 6 in Silk White sold out in under a day. The White with Gold time version of the device was put on sale yesterday and sold out quickly. But, fear not, it’ll be back soon. OnePlus announced a limited amount of the beautiful budget flagship will be available on June 12.
- Looking for a new phone? We’ve just released our Best Flagship Phones list for June. Check it out here!
Subscribe to the AndroidGuys Audio Experience!
You can download or subscribe to the podcasts wherever you normally find your favorite shows. For your convenience, you can also click the links below.
For questions, concerns, or general feedback about the podcast feel free to contact us at podcast [at] androidguys.com.