A web application is an app that uses a web browser as a client. In computing, a web-application or web-app is client-server software application in which client or user interface runs in a web browser. Common web applications include web mail, online retail sales, online auctions, wikis, instant messaging services and many other functions.
Websites most likely to be referred to as web application are those which have similar functionality to a desktop software apps or a mobile app. The Melbourne Website Design is the company who delivers the best web development services to their clients.
The following are 6 of the best free web development apps for Android.
ES File Explorer File Manager
This app is free, safe, simple and manage your files efficiently and easily with ES File Explorer (File Manager). It is a full-featured file (images, music, movies, document and app) manager for both local and networked use.
- It is powerful tool that put desktop-grade features in your pockets.
- Built-in ZIP and RAR support.
- Cloud storage: supports Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive etc.
- Functions as an FTP and WebDAV client.
- Access your home PC: it provides access to the entire file system and all data directories on your PC.
anWriter free HTML editor
- Web pages preview in the internal viewer.
- Downloading/ Uploading file from/ to the FTP server.
- Interactive lessons with step-by-step instructions.
- No root access required.
- Real time error checking.
- Code formatter and out-comment-code.
Simple HTTP server
This is a very simple and easy-to-use web server for sharing contents on your device.
- Range header support for seeking video.
- Only support port 12345.
- No root access required.
- Support Digest Authentication for security.
KWS Android Web Server
This app is a lightweight and fast web server specially designed for Android mobile devices. It can be used to host websites and to serve file over HTTP.
- Basic and digest authentication for secure access.
- Server side includes (SSI).
- Directory index.
- Directory downloads in tar and zip formats.
- Built-in Dynamic DNS updates.
- Comprehensive HTTP logs.
VT View Source
- Syntax highlighter with more than 35 predefined themes.
- Share unformatted source code to clipboard.
- Though this app is very good, it has the following shortcomings:
- It currently supports only UTF-8 encoding for non-English content.
- Internationalized Domain Names are not supported in Android 2.2 (Froyo), please use Punycode instead.
- Cannot read local files (e.g. read via “file:///” protocol).
- Cannot read password protected pages.
- When sharing pages with the content based on cookie or session state, the source code may not be the same as in device browser.