I’ll be straight with you, I am not a case kinda guy. I enjoy being able to take in all the beauty of my Moto X with its Bamboo back! That was one of the main reasons I purchased the phone!
However, I never turn down the opportunity to conduct a review, because you never know what you might get. In my case I got a lot, the Trident Kraken A.M.S. Case. This case is a beast, I am talking the tank of phone cases, but I did find myself intrigued by it!
What we got:
The Kraken A.M.S. (Adaptive Modular System) is a full fledged case made up of three separate layers, a kickstand, and built in screen protector. The case also comes with a belt holster clip.
- Pretty much invincible
- Built in screen protector
- Sturdy Kickstand
- 3 separate layers:
- The “Kraken” layer, made of hardened poly-carbonate
- The middle layer, “Perseus,” crafted from impact-resistant silicone and can be used by itself
- The top layer, which is also constructed from poly carbonate, contains the built in screen protector, and holds all three in place
- All ports are still accessible and usable
- Many color options
- It is HUGE!
- $50 bucks, not your average consumer kind of case
- Kind of tricky to get all the layers to fit together, but once you figure it out it is second nature
The Kraken hasn’t persuaded me to keep all three layers on the phone, but yet I do enjoy the “Pegasus” layer. I think Trident has done a great job creating a case that can fit many lifestyles, but mostly this is the kind of case you would get for a construction worker.
This case does provide some awesome protection from the elements and when you do leave the job site, you can downgrade to the silicon layer and hit the town. Reigning in at 50 bucks, to protect your $600+ smartphone, well that’s your call. I’ll be sporting my sleek and slim Moto X caseless, yet if I do drop it, I will wish I had a Kraken.
Check out the Kraken along with all the accessories available for it at Trident’s website!
Comments are closed.