While you can go out and spend a boatload of money on various pieces of equipment, you’ll always need accessories. This may range from just a single microphone, or flash for videos, but there’s always a need for something.
Even after you purchase the big-ticket items, there are others that just help improve the general experience. That’s where the Maker Hart Just Mixer M comes into play, at least for videographers or podcasters.
The Maker Hart Just Mixer M is exactly that – a mixer. The Just Mixer M acts as a pre-amp and makes life easier for those who need more control over their volumes.
There are are series of nobs and dials that can be adjusted from the Just Mixer M directly. Additionally, we have two microphone inputs, a line-in connector, and an auxiliary cable output.
The interesting thing here is that this mixer works in a myriad of situations. Just Mixer claims that you can use the Just Mixer M in the following applications
- Webcast by smartphone
- Webcast by Computer or Notebook
- With an Instrument
- Outdoors with Tablet or Smartphone
- Stereo Channels – 4 (2 x Mic, Line, Aux)
- USB Audio – IN / OUT
- Special Function – Phantom Power, MUTE
- Power Type – USB 5V/1A
- Control – Balance/Gain
- Stereo Outputs – 3.55mm/ 1/4-inch, Master USB Audio
- Phone Out – Yes
- Fader Length – 20mm
- Accessories – TRS > TRRS Adapter
- Dimensions – 5-inches x 3.3-inches x 0.9-inches (12.6 x 8.5 x 2.3 cm)
- Weight – 120g / 4.2oz
Just Mixer M Key Features
As is the case with any of these mixers and pre-amps, there are a few key features to look over. Here’s a list of what is offered by the Just Mixer M:
- Mic Preamp – Phantom Power and plug-in power provided by onboard microphone preamplifiers.
- USB Audio Interface – Stream 24-bit digital audio over USB from the mixer to any computers or mobile devices.
- Portability – Instead of worrying about being connected to a wall, you can use a portable charger to keep the Just Mixer M rolling for as long as you are.
- Ideal for webcasting – There are inputs for mics, USB audio, and auxiliary. These combined with the various outputs and Master/Channel volume faders combine for one of the best mixers.
In the box, you get the Just Mixer M itself, along with a 3-foot auxiliary cable, 3 foot USB to microUSB cable, and wall-plug. While this isn’t a starter kit providing everything you need, the Just Mixer M can really help step up your production.
You’ll need to find the right set of headphones and right microphone to connect to. But once those are in place, the Just Mixer M will help make you sound like a professional, regardless of what content is being created.
For those looking to get everything in one package, you can pick up the Premium package. This includes all of the aforementioned pieces, but also features the following:
- XLR to 1/8-inch 3.5mm cable
- 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch 3.5mm cable
- Combo Jack/Phone audio cable – 1/8-inch TRS to TRRS
- Lavalier (Lapel) microphone
The Just Mixer M really is one of the best options on the market for those looking to get started in the world of audio. It seems that Maker Hart has hit the nail on the head and provided quite an impressive microphone mixer for beginners and professionals alike.
Now for the big question – price. You may be surprised by this, but the Just Mixer M starts at just $87.99. If you want to spring for the aforementioned Premium package, then you’ll be shelling out $109.99.
However, similar products are priced anywhere from $100 to $300 and more. So you’ll be getting an outstanding value from the Maker Hart Just Mixer M.
If you want to pick up one of these for yourself, hit the button below to head over to Amazon. Sound off in the comments and let us know what you think about the Just Mixer M from Maker Hart.