Let’s face it, everyone wants to make the most of their time. Nobody wants to go about their life willingly doing things slower than need be. Further, who wants to waste time doing stuff that can be automated anyhow?
We’re huge fans of If This Then That, also known as IFTTT. A free service that plugs together tons of other services and API’s, it’s the perfect tool to make things happen for us on an automatic, scheduled, or as-needed basis. If you’ve not read it, we invite you to check out our coverage and background on IFTTT.
We’ve gathered up fifteen recipes designed with Android users in mind. These recipes tie into other aspects of your mobile or tech life, including Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar, and more. Thanks to the smart functions that come built into your phone, you can create rules based on time, location, and battery levels.
Simply put one or two of these into action and you might find some extra delight in your day. At a minimum you can help speed things up and become more productive.
- Turn off phone’s Wi-Fi when your battery gets low
- Save new received texts to a Google Spreadsheet
- Save a copy of photos you take to Google Drive
- Track how much time is spent at a particular location
- Unmute the phone’s ringer in the morning
- Save a backup call log to Google Drive
- Mute your phone when you arrive at work
- Turn ringtone volume up when you leave work
- Sync your phone wallpaper to Reddit’s r/wallpaper hot posts
- Set your phone wallpaper to your latest Instagram picture
- Log your phone calls in Google Calendar
- Automatically alert your significant other when phone battery gets low
- Text me when I receive an email from someone specific
- Alert my Life360 circle if I call 911
- Set ring volume to 100% for a certain caller
What are you using IFTTT for? Is there a recipe that you’d like to share? If so, leave it in the comments below!