Did you know that you can create labels for your Gmail messages? Why create labels? One word; organization. Labels are a great way to bring order to a chaotic inbox. Follow the steps below to reach inbox zen:
*note – you must be on a computer in order to create labels in Gmail
- Open your browser of choice and go to gmail.com and sign into your account
- On the left side of your screen, you should see your labels list. Under your labels list, you should see More. If you do not see it, move your mouse cursor close to the gray bar below your current labels and the list should expand.
- Click on Create New Label.
- Create a name for your label. If you would like to nest the label under a parent label, click the ‘Nest label under:’ check box and choose the parent label in the drop down menu below the check box
- After naming your label and choosing a parent label to nest it under (if you so choose), click Create
- You should now see your new label on the left side of your inbox in the label list
If you would like to learn how to apply labels to messages, please visit the following web page: Gmail labels and how to use them