Welcome back! Last week we showed you how to automatically backup your precious pictures. Today, we are going to show you how simple it is to use the Photos app to quickly edit those pictures before you share them with all your friends.
Before we can edit Photos, there are a few things that must be completed.
- You must have a google account linked to your mobile device
- You must have Google’s Photos app installed
This can be as simple or as complex as you want. Google has built in some fairly extensive tools for a mobile, cloud editing tool.
- Launch the Photos application
- Tap on the image you would like to edit.
- Once you have the image open, tap on the image of the pencil at the bottom of the screen.
- There are three options at the bottom of the screen
- The default option is filters. With 13 different filters to choose from, there are a lot of quick options to give your picture that perfect look for social media.
- The next option gives you three sliders: light, color, and pop.
- The light slider simply brightens and darkens the image. If you want more options, tap the arrow on the right to reveal more options to more refine your image.
- The color slider is next. As you can image this will take you from black and white to overexposed color. Again, pressing the arrow to the right will yield additional options to refine your images.
- The pop slider will finalize the image by making the whites just that much brighter.
- The last option is crop. This not only lets you crop your images to their desired size, but it allows you to rotate the images 90 degrees or skew them up to 45 degrees in either direction. When you are finished, tap the done option.
- Once you are finished with your edits, simply tap the word save in the upper right hand corner to keep the changes to your image.1 of 5
What tools to you use to edit your photos on the go? Are there any tools you would like us to do a walk through on? Leave us a comment below with your suggestions.